Sometimes you are ready to dominate your goals, other times you'll just want to turn off and wish things would just disappear for a bit. This is completely normal.
For me, I was in a major funk all weekend. Could not get in the mood. So I spent 90% of my weekend cranky and wanting to just chill. (Lucky not many ppl around ????)
But this afternoon I decided to take control and started listening to the amazing Les Brown.
I spent 3+ hours listening and learning to this great motivator. The result is I am now feeling much more focused and ready for a big week.
Here are some of the take aways from my listening that you can apply to your life.
Enjoy and thanks for reading.
1. Work on Yourself Look good, feel good, give good, receive good. Every single day do something to improve yourself.
2. Monitor your Inner Conversations Stop listening to your inner critic and stand up for yourself. Be bold.
3. Decide What You Want From Life. Make a list of 5 things you want from life. Be as detailed or concise as you like.
4. Override your Mind Strengthen the above by writing 5 reasons why YOU deserve that life and success.
5. Develop Technical Mastery Whatever it is you do, decide right here, right now, that you're going to be the very best at it. No more excuses. Do it well or don't do it at all.
6. Slumps are OK, Failure is Healthy. Don't pay attention to the negativity this causes. Move on and find a way around the obstacle.
7. Stop Waiting. No-one is here to give you anything. Go out and create your opportunities.
8. Give Back Share what you have with those in need. Find a cause you love and support and help with money or time.
9. Watch who you Surround Yourself with. Have different friends for different situations. Professional friends, networking friends, social friends, mentor friends, exercise friends. Always surround yourself with a variety of people.
10. Say Yes to Life. So yes to you. What you really want. Allow yourself to have it. It's yours if you want it.
11. You are Worth Something. There is a reason why this Earth is the perfect distance from the sun, a reason that we are a bunch of living organisms, with goals, dreams and desires. And a reason you're reading this.
That reason is because you want to be great. And I'm here to tell you, you can be.
But only if you believe in yourself.
Do the hard work, invest in yourself and reap the rewards.