I wanted to share a couple of simple (yet powerful) activities with you to complete. Below are 3 things you can do this week to improve your life, state and overall happiness:
Task 1: Write your bucket list
- Be completely honest with yourself...
- Where do you want to go?
- What do you want to do?
- What do you want to have? (nothing wrong with possessions if you've worked hard for them)
- How will you fill your days?
You might have 10 items, or you might have 110 items. The key is to make sure they're YOUR goals and dreams..not someone else's.
Task 2: Write your obituary
Most shy away from this. I admit, it's a very real and very confrontational exercise. But the reason it's tough is most aren't living to their truest and most powerful self, and therefore when the write it, are disappointed that what they want to write doesn't match with their current actions.
The good news is....you're not dead yet!
So what a perfect and powerful way to connect with your mortality and draw out some home truths.
1-2 pages is a good place to start but if you want to write more, go ahead. Let the words flow.
Task 3: Write a forgiveness letter.
So many of us harbour feelings of resentment toward those we perceive as having 'hurt' us. The problem is, we carry these feelings around like a 10kg weight on our shoulders (often not even realising its impact).
Make peace with it. I'm not saying you have to send it, we aren't all ready for that, but here is how I would set it out:
- Write down what you believe they did
- Write down how you too were at fault and how you played a part in it (if you claim you weren't..keep looking until you find it)
- Write down how their actions ultimately served you (again, keep looking until you find the answer)
- Make the apology (literally writing the words "I am sorry" and "I forgive you")
- Sign off and complete the letter.
Repeat for as many times as necessary for the different people in your life.
I know these activities are an amazing start to self development and introspection if you've never done too much of it (never too late to start).
Just these 3 exercises alone will be enough to provide some very powerful insights into the inner workings of your magnificant mind.
Would love to know how you go and what you think.
Happy Monday. Hayden