Most people wake up at the very last minute, press snooze a few times before finally dragging themselves out of bed and thinking 'God I am tired...why did I go to bed so late!' This is the worst way to start the day and kills self esteem and confidence first thing before you're even up.
They then rush things, have that anxious feeling of 'will I be late? what am I forgetting? etc before rushing out the door with no time for themselves.
I know this because this used to be me for 24 years of my life.
Instead, try this for the next 30 days (as inspired by Hal Elrod's The Miracle Morning):
1. Wake up at least 30-60 minutes before required. No hitting snooze. Stay Strong. You will be tired and you will hate me, but stick at it. After, the 30 days, you will love me.
2. Read 10 pages of a self development book. 10 pages a day x 365 days of year = 3650 pages...which is just over 18 regular size books a year. Message me for recommendations.
3. Journal for 10 minutes. Write goals, challenges, thoughts and feelings in your journal. Go buy one, it's the best investment you'll ever make.
4. Plan out your day and prioritise for 10 minutes. Write down your major tasks for the day (5-6 only) and then number them 1-6. Later on, when it's time to work, you will have the focus to get through them in order without distraction. You must plan.
5. Brainstorm. I love to spend 10 minutes with a blank A4 sheet and just think. I take my paper and in the middle write what I'm currently working on and how I can make it better. My mind runs wild with thoughts and ideas....I pick one of these ideas and follow it up.
(For example, this morning I wanted to know how I can provide more value for my website customers, so I decided that a simple tutorial series on how to change and update little things in their website would be great, and help them feel empowered. So that's what I will work on this week).
Remember, during this hour, don't check Facebook, snapchat, Instagram, emails, or messages. This is YOUR hour.
This is the RUDDER of your day. If you don't do it, you'll be rushed and have yet another 'off' day. If you do, do it....you'll be ready for action and feel like you can take on the world.
Give it a go.