Just sent this to some people in my contacts list, but wanted to share here too. When was the last time you simply asked for something you wanted?
You didn't over analyse whether it was 'possible' or not, you just said "F*ck-it...Let's go for it" and asked the question.
When we are truly on purpose, opportunities come at us so fast, we cannot help but take action.
Which is what I want to talk to you about here today.
In the past month I have ASKED for and achieved the following:
- A private breakfast with one of the world's best success coaches, Dr John DeMartini (link is in below post)
- Interviewed previous CEO and chairman of the world's biggest advertising agency, Saatchi and Saatchi, Kevin Roberts (on my website you can find this)
- Secured an interview with The Freedom Writers inspiration, Erin Gruwell (it's my favourite movie)
- Set up 20+ PAID engagements for a friends new business.
I have also:
- Been rejected / never heard back from 5 other podcast guests (including the real life inspiration from the movie; Coach Carter - Ken Carter)
- Been cut out of the loop from a potentially lucrative business deal
- 'Lost' a friend (although nothing is ever lost...a story for another day)
- Been challenged numerous times on social media (the more radical your views, the more people feel the need to challenge you)
But those items in the second list above do not bother me.
In fact, they excite me.
For without challenge, there would be no growth.
I love asking. No ask, No get.
I'll be elaborating on this point in my upcoming book (can't wait to share with you), but wanted to give you some insight right now, and also ask you a simple question to change your thinking that you can answer today (now):
Ask yourself: "What 'radical request' am I going to make this week?"
- Who do I want to have lunch with? - ask them.
- Who do I want to get on the phone? - look up the number and ask them questions
- What would I love to do if I knew I couldn't fail? - ask yourself and don't filter the answers.
- Who can help me create the business and life of my dreams - how can I hire them? - find who has done what you want to do, and pay them for advice.
I have a methodology behind the real 'science' of asking for what you want that will be in the book, but the above should get you started.
Dream big. You never know where it will lead you. (I know that one more than anyone!)
I hope that helps.
p.s Got some exciting news about a new kick ass event I'll be delivering in Melbourne in March to share with you soon too. Only got spots for 10 people though, and they will go quick, so keep your eye out.