Good Day Fellow Seeker. Two weeks ago i filled a room with 95 hungry learners over the course of one powerful weekend at an event I held.
Not a single person in there did not pay for their ticket... And at minimum $297, it's not exactly cheap either.
But how did it happen? Well...one, I just worked really hard at it, but two...I put a couple of other things into place which I wanted to share with you.
The truth is, over the last 12 months,, the model that most 'experts' have smashed is: Facebook Ad > 'Free' 3 hour live presentation > Upsell To High End Program
It's a good model, and it's working (for now)...but the consumer is becoming more and more aware...
Which is why I wanted to share with you how to ACTUALLY do it...and make money from it.
This email will give you some insights into the psychology and thought process behind it..
To put on a great event, you need 6 things:
1. An awesome product This is without a doubt number one. You need to have complete confidence in what you're selling. And I don't just mean confidence that it will benefit you...but full confidence that what you're doing is going to literally change lives.
Work hard at developing something that will truly serve others and shift their thinking.
The more you do that, the more successful you will be.
2. Congruency Does the event represent you and what you're focused on? If you explain what is it, do people give you a funny look or nod and smile politely...or are they drawn into your energy and want to hear more? You need to be in a position where you cannot wait to provide this event, as it aligns deeply with what you stand for.
Let me share a quick story: Growing up, I never felt like I had a voice...so that means, when I can give others a voice, it really, really drives me.
So when I tell people I am putting on a multi-speaker event and giving people a voice within an industry I love, they cannot help but be drawn into that.
Compare that to just explaining there was a market need and I felt like filling it...
See the difference?
3. Great logistics How is the setup? Do you want theatre style, classroom style, ballroom style or cabaret? How is the parking? Is there food close by? What will the registration desk look like? How about timing? Timing is absolutely crucial when running events..you must be on top of this.
Whether you're running a small seminar, or a large scale event, you must never neglect logistics.
4. Great speakers If you're doing a multi-speaker event like I did, this is a must.
Get the best quality speakers you can afford and use their authority to help draw a crowd. Be strict on what you get them to talk about and make sure its filling a need (something I was really proud of my speakers for this year).
There are a few other speaker hacks too which I'll share another time. (like how to get them to speak for free)
5. Awareness over customer experience Your job is to meet and greet as the customers enter, to keep a close eye on customers to ensure everyone is comfortable and having a good time.
Yes, a lot of the hard work is done before the event, but your job is not over...you must be aware of the user experience throughout and make sure they're learning and enjoying themselves.
Any complaints need to be address immediately and do everything you can to keep them happy.
6. Follow up What happens after the event? Do you have mail outs? A customer survey? A program for them to learn more about you and your services? Many are wondering what's next...help guide them.
When does all this stuff go out? one week, one day, one hour? Make sure you plan this in advance.
Putting on an event is damn hard work, but it's also very rewarding.
It's the ultimate scaling tool and you can impact a ton of people all at once, while also building your name.
With so much conflicting information right now, I wanted to give you a voice of reason...
At this very moment, I am in the process of building out something for you displaying the EXACT in depth process of how I built this event and how you can do the same for your niche.
This will be one of the modules inside The Young Leaders Academy (membership website launching in the coming weeks) designed to give Young Leaders to tools they need to continue growing their impact.
More details soon ;)
But was that helpful?
Would love to hear from you soon and know what you're up to...
Drop a comment below.