On this episode, I speak with high performance business owner, Mat Steinwede. Mat controls 6 offices, manages over 150 staff and after 20 years in real estate, is a master at what he does. But that's not the phenomenal part. Many will see the above and not know the real back story to it. The fact of the matter is, 20+ years ago, Mat used to be heavily involved in the underworld scene. Dealing, using, standing over people and more. After being listed on the Australia's most wanted list, and being homeless, Mat knew it was time to turn his life around.
He spent 9 months 'in hiding' before a call from a friend prompted him to begin a career in real estate. And as they say, the rest is history. In this podcast, we get deep. It was an honest, raw and very real conversation.
These days, as well as managing his real estate business and speaking from various stages, he is also an avid surfer (getting up at 4:45am each morning to do so), with 6 kids at home also.
- How did we get to this point? (from steroid 'abuser' to one of the most successful in real estate)
- If there was a 'catalyst' to waking up all those years ago while in the dark place
- If it's possible to develop the 'wake up' gene
- The top 2 books Mat would recommend to hungry learners
- Mat's definition of success
- The key to creating a killer connection with your service personnel
- Goal setting and visions (man this was inspiring)
- The morning routine and life in the day of Mat (including breakfast and nutrition)
- A mini (but real) rant from Hayden and Mat regarding overweight people and self values (may seem judgemental but please listen to the whole thing ;))
- A limiting beleif Mat once had but overcame (I actually had the exact same one...there is hope for us all!)
- What do things look like for Mat in 5 years?
See more of Mat: