What a boss. I met Derek in 2014 at FitX while he was traveling and teaching at a bunch of seminars. We started chatting and I was blown away by how down to earth and friendly he was. We stayed in touch and when I asked Derek if he would be keen to come on the podcast he was more than willing.
After suffering from various career ending injuries (Broken back, torn quad, 2 torn biceps, and several others) Derek put the pain aside and discovered the benefits of continuing training.
Derek has competed and won 3 America's Strongest Man competitions, is a full time officer, owner of Poundstone Performance Centre and also a strength coach and online programmer.
Super interesting interview and def one you want to check out.
We speak about:
- Training history and injuries with strategies to overcome career ending injuries
- Online training and programming and how he conducts his online training
- FitX Seminars and Worldwide Seminars with
- Recovery and how long you need to be spending in the gym for Strongman style training (it's A LOT less than you'd think)
- Getting started as a strongman coach and where to gain your knowledge
- Also, Derek and I are now working together to build an eBook to release. Once this is released, we will be sure to let all of PT Prophet followers know.
Derek's Websites and Social:
Poundstone Performance - http://www.poundstoneperformance.com/ Poundstone Seminars - http://poundstoneseminars.com/ Poundstone Power - http://poundstonepower.com/ Derek Poundstone Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Derek-Poundstone/49090777709 Derek Poundstone Twitter - http://twitter.com/derekpoundstone Derek Poundstone Instagram - http://instagram.com/derekpoundstone
I really think you will enjoy this podcast so check it out and let me know what you think.