[powerpress] Andrew Lock, one of my most interesting guests to date. After being introduced through a mutual friend, I was happy to get Andrew on the podcast and speak about his experience in the industry.
We speak about:
- The full set up gym in Andrew's office to TRULY dissect someone's movement patterns and how this is the true way to help athletes recovery properly
- How our industry has changed over the last 30 years with a huge influx of people getting into PT's and how our learning system has had to adapt (or has it…?)
- The skill of becoming a good practitioner isn't the everyday client, it is the client who has had an injury for 10 years, and figuring out how to diagnose their bodies and apply corrective exercises.
- Where Andrew wants to take his knowledge and experience within the industry.
- Just how much flexion the lower back ACTUALLY has and how you can safely perform movements with a rounded lower back as long as you have the correct form.
- The strategies you can use to minimise injury and learn correct exercise patterns.
- Just how many repetitions you need to perform for that movement to become second nature and actually learn those movement patterns effectively.
- A new group of sports specific physio's that is emerging which will change our industry for the better.
- How you can have a back 'injury' and still perform at your peak
- Much Much More
Other links mentioned: Become The Five Percent - The Prophets
Thanks for listening!
PS: Like the Podcast? Leave me a Review here